St. Rocco’s Broadcast for the Dispossessed is a bi-weekly radio program, which was launched in April of this year of this year. The program is drawn primarily from the St. Rocco’s Reading Series archives and we try to include a sound poetry segment in each regular episode.
St. Rocco’s Broadcast airs every other Tuesday at 7pm and Sunday at 10am on WCAA 107.3 as part of The Poetry Hour. To listen to our program archive, visit the WCAA archives and search for “Poetry Hour.” Programs are archived for 60 days.
A list of our past programs may be found at the bottom of this page. We also have call for submissions for special episodes which we publish on our blog. And, we are always seeking submissions for new works of sound poetry.
Would you like to hear St. Rocco’s Broadcast on your local radio?
St. Rocco’s Broadcast is available via Pacifica Audioport and is available for free to any community radio stations affiliated with the Pacifica Network. Click here view the program info at Audioport. (Log-in required.) Or, check out the map to see if there’s a station near you! (We can send a note to their station manager, or you can send them our Audioport link and a recommendation.
Past St. Rocco’s Broadcasts
- Aimee Harrison, Caroline Crumpacker, Cole Heinowitz (Aired 4/28/2020)
- Bernadette Mayer, Anna Moscovakis (Aired 5/12/2020)
- Lauren DeChae, Rax King (Aired 5/24/2020)
- Douglas Rothschild, Tracie Morris (Recordings from Penn Sound) (Aired 6/14/2020)
- Alexis Bhagat (Aired 6/30/2020)
- Amy King, Douglas Rothschild (Aired 7/21/2020)
- Special: St. Rocco’s Broadcast for the 75th Anniversary of Hiroshima with Chel Miller, Nicole Peyrafitte, Sam Truitt, David Avel, Michael Ruby, Mitch Manning, and Kristin Prevallet + Yamuna Sangarisivan (Aired 8/4/2020)
- Nicole Peyrafitte (Aired 9/2/2020)